- 5 medium sized tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, roughly chopped, set aside
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups of rice
- 2½ cups of chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp All-purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1 Knorr stock cube
- 3 bay leaves
- Water, as needed
- Blend tomatoes, red pepper, scotch bonnet peppers in a food processor/blender for approx. 30-40 seconds.
- In a medium sized pot, heat a few tablespoons of oil and fry onions. Once onions are brown add the blended tomato mixture for about 30 minutes. Stir consistently to ensure the mixture does not burn.
- After 30 minutes, lower the heat. Add stock cubes and add your seasonings (salt, thyme, curry powder etc)
- Add the washed rice, mix well with the tomato mixture. (At this point you may need to add extra water to the rice is level with the tomato mixture)
- Add the bay leaves. Cover the pot and leave to cook on a medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes
- Once the liquid has completely dried up, turn off the heat, mix thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Scroll To Top